Kayla's Korner

There are posts on talks that I have given at church, journals, and pics of my kiddos. Do a search for either talks, journals, or pics and see what you find. Scroll down to see the latest posts or click on one of the sites, videos, or slideshows to the right for additional info. All of the yummy recipes have been moved to Kayla's Kitchen at http://curiousjogeorge-kaylaskitchen.blogspot.com/ . You can also visit my Kraftin' Korner at http://kaylaskraftinkorner.blogspot.com/ .

My Loved Ones...

Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Allred's



What a beautiful day. This week has been hard. I was sick the majority of it. I went to the doctor on Thursday to find out I had two ear infections, a sinus infection, and strep throat. So, you can imagine the week.

Today, I was going to take Kody up to the church for a service project. They were meeting at the church and then driving to Coolidge to help a member move some stuff in a trailer. However, I overslept. I decided I wanted Kody to help so I made him get up and get dressed. I knew we had missed the meeting time so we drove out to Coolidge. By the time we got there everyone was finished and had already gone home.

We met President Allred at the church. He invited us to his place. We had so much fun just talking and hanging out with him and his wife, Bonnie. Kody helped feed the cows. Kody and I rode in the back of his truck while he drove us around his land. Pres. Allred showed us how to find mole tunnels and put poison in them. The tunnels cause the ground to become unstable (when his cows walk over them they can fall and get injured). He made it look so easy. He just dropped this metal pole in the ground - so it seemed. He asked if anyone wanted to help. I said yes, but when I dropped the pole it went no where!

Pres. Allred set a can on a fallen tree limb so Kody could use it as a target. Kody hit it on his 3rd try. He was so excited. Eventually, Kody shot the can off the branch. He was smiling ear to ear. Kody had a great day! And so did Mom!!!

No comments:

Oh, the places you may be...

Daily Bible Verse