Kayla's Korner

There are posts on talks that I have given at church, journals, and pics of my kiddos. Do a search for either talks, journals, or pics and see what you find. Scroll down to see the latest posts or click on one of the sites, videos, or slideshows to the right for additional info. All of the yummy recipes have been moved to Kayla's Kitchen at http://curiousjogeorge-kaylaskitchen.blogspot.com/ . You can also visit my Kraftin' Korner at http://kaylaskraftinkorner.blogspot.com/ .

My Loved Ones...

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Life is Good, God is Great!

What a day!?!?!! I've had prayers answered today that I want to share with everyone.

1. In an earlier blog, I wrote about my uncle that has been bed-ridden. This week he has returned to his former work. He is now working part-time as an Engineer, once again! Go, Parks! We are so proud of you!!!


2. I found out that one of my friends that has been struggling with cancer, Hodgkins Lymphoma, is now cancer free!!! She has endured chemo, a stem-cell transplant, and so much more. She recently found out that she had contracted GVH disease, a disease where the donor's white blood cells believed her own body was foreign and began attacking it. She lost a lot of weight (including muscle tone) and got a severe rash. However, this was a miraculous disease, it ATE up all the Cancer. She is now cancer free. Wendy, you have been an inspiration to many of us! You Go Girl!!!


3. My life-long friend has suffered through heartache that I have never experienced and I'm not sure I would have been able to handle. She has endured 2 miscarriages to 2 pregnancies that she has hoped, wished, and longed for. Today, I found out that she is 7 weeks pregnant. She had her first ultra-sound today. The heartbeat was strong. The baby is in a good, safe position. I told her I know that prayer works and MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. I just witnessed three. I have prayed every night for almost 2 years for my uncle and Wendy's health. I have prayed that she would again have a baby. I never gave up. God works in his own time and gives us what we need when we need it. Come September, Leslie will be holding her healthy, little baby. I know because prayer works, God listens, and miracles happen!!!

On top of all this I've been sick, out of school for two days. I went to the doctor this morning. I had 2 ear infections, 1 sinus infection, and strep throat. Got a shot at 10:00 am and felt almost perfect by 2:00 pm. Penicillin is a Miracle Drug!!!

No comments:

Oh, the places you may be...

Daily Bible Verse