Kayla's Korner

There are posts on talks that I have given at church, journals, and pics of my kiddos. Do a search for either talks, journals, or pics and see what you find. Scroll down to see the latest posts or click on one of the sites, videos, or slideshows to the right for additional info. All of the yummy recipes have been moved to Kayla's Kitchen at http://curiousjogeorge-kaylaskitchen.blogspot.com/ . You can also visit my Kraftin' Korner at http://kaylaskraftinkorner.blogspot.com/ .

My Loved Ones...

Monday, July 14, 2008

Momma's Birthday

My mother's birthday is today. We are going to my aunt's house to swim and grill hamburgers and hot dogs. I made my mother a Dr. Pepper Cake. It's delicious! Here's the recipe...

Cake:
Betty Crocker Germam Chocolate Cake Mix
Jello Brand Vanilla Instant Pudding, small box (not sugar free)
2/3 cup Crisco Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
12 oz. Dr. Pepper
1 tsp. McCormick's Vanilla

Mix all ingredients with a blender. Grease and flour 3 - 8 inch cake pans. Pour mix into the pans and bake at 325 for 30 - 35 minutes.

Icing:
8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1 stick Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla

Cream all ingredients together and spread on cooled cake.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey Kayla. Happy Birthday to Kathy! Hope you have a great time at Janice's today.

Oh, the places you may be...

Daily Bible Verse